TLDR: 6 strength and conditioning programs by 6 strength experts.
This program sampler contains 6 programs by 6 different authors that covers most strength and conditioning goals.
The programs are:
- 4-week Athletic Performance by Joe Kenn
- 6-week Powerlifting by Greg Nuckols
- 12-week Athletic Performance by Zach Even-Esh
- 14-week Olympic Weightlifting by Sean Waxman
- 6-week Powerbuilding by Dr Layne Norton
- 12-week Athletic Performance by Dr Andy Galpin
All the coaches are heavy hitters in their respective fields, and their programs are based on their philosophy of training. I personally feel that of all the programs, Joe Kenn’s seemed the most lackluster as it is just a short 4-week block, with 3 workouts a week. It is supposed to be a Developmental Block 3 (don’t know what that means) and the first of its cycle, but the program does not continue past this block, making it seem very out-of-place and frankly lazy.
Other than that, the rest of the programs really do follow through with what seems to be an Accumulation, Intensification and Realization phase for a strength test (1RM) at the end of the cycle.
- Lots of choices from great minds of the strength and conditioning industry
- Most programs follow sound principles
- Donations to Mash’s team
- Joe Kenn wtf?
- Greg Nuckols’ program would have been better if a spreadsheet was provided, as the program computes the workout numbers based on an input, which a PDF cannot support