TLDR: Maximal tension equals muscle growth. Focus on the mind-muscle connection instead of load
MI40 is a 40-day bodybuilding program, with 40-minute workouts, 40 exercises, 40 seconds per set and 40 seconds rest.
The premise of this product is that many people waste their time doing workouts that last too long, they don’t hold tension in the muscle in a way that maximizes each rep and the weights people use is too heavy to develop proper tension in the muscle.
The product provides hours’ worth of videos on the execution of the exercises such that it will maximize your gains with every rep of the set. It also ends with a (Neurological Overload Sets) NOS, which is a quadruple drop set at 20% decrease per drop.
The program is 5 times a week, body part split and is brutal as hell especially on the legs day (doing drop sets on a leg exercise to failure is no joke). Eventually, the brutality of the program was what I enjoyed the most, especially with weights so light it seemed like a joke.
That said, I was running a strength program prior to this as I was trying to increase my squat and bench press strength, not that I’m recommending that though!
This product is probably one of the better investments I ever made. But don’t buy it if you’re not willing to put in the work!
- Every workout will feel like your muscles are about to explode
- 40 minutes per workout, great time saver
- Gains are legit
- There are many days my quads cramped so bad that I couldn’t walk (can’t tell if good or bad)
- May not be suitable for people who like high frequency
- May not be suitable for people who like to accumulate volume instead of going balls-to-the-wall every set